A note about The Deviated Norm

This here is a low traffic blog on topics close to my heart. As such, comments and engagement on old posts are always welcome and will be responded to. Except! for comments on old posts telling me to lighten up, not take things so seriously, or let things go, 'cause that shit's just plain ironic. Those comments will get a suggestion to visit Derailing for Dummies.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Square Butts

I hate this ad. I hate it so much, I'm not even going to link to it, but if you've been watching tv at all recently, you've seen it. It's for Burger King.

They have a spoof on Sir Mixalot's "Baby Got Back" song for a kid's meal ad.

Baby Got Back.

Kid's Meal Ad.


Song sexualizing women as objects?

Kid's Meal Ad.


Good job Burger King.

3 comments:

  1. Burger King is not at the forefront of feminist role model companies. We remember the "I Am Man" commercial...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Carl's Jr. commercials are much worse; you should check them out on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Don't worry, I do indeed remember the "I Am Man" commercial and (I believe) have heard quite a bit about Carl's Jr. I do indeed reserve hatred for all. But there is something about pairing one of the most egregious examples of the sexualization and objectification of women with a kid's meal ad.

    So far as I know, the Carl's Jr. ads are not meant to be for kids. (not that they also aren't pieces of crap)

    ReplyDelete

Comments that do not directly relate to points made in either the post itself or the comments of that post will be subject to deletion. So will comments that use an oppressed status as an insult (ie, racist comments, ableist comments, sexist comments, etc.)

If you have a problem with having your comment deleted, you may email me at thedeviatednorm@gmail.com
I make no promises on whether you will receive a response.

My house, my rules. Suck it up.